Three-day testing clinic to open at St. Peter Catholic Secondary School on Wednesday, December 22
Peterborough, ON – Thanks to a partnership between Ontario Health (OH), Peterborough Regional Health Centre (PRHC) and Peterborough Public Health (PPH), an additional COVID-19 testing option will be offered for residents of Peterborough City and County this week.
The demand for COVID-19 testing has been extremely high over last week as the Omicron variant of COVID-19 continues to spread across Ontario and confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the Peterborough area have increased significantly.
The details for the pop-up testing location are as follows:
- Dates: Wednesday, December 22; Thursday, December 23; and Friday, December 24
- Location: St. Peter Catholic Secondary School, 730 Medical Drive
- Available by appointment only through this link: https://bit.ly/3spXWWM
Criteria for testing at this site:
- You have been identified as a high-risk contact and directed to receive testing by Peterborough Public Health, Public Health Ontario or Provincial Work Force
- You have COVID-19 symptoms
- You have received a positive result on a rapid antigen test
All available appointments are displayed at the booking link. The link to book a spot for this testing site will be turned off on Friday, December 24, once this temporary service concludes.
Testing services continue to be offered through PRHC’s COVID-19 Assessment Centre, however demand continues to be extremely high. Thank you for your patience as we work hard to address these significant additional volumes. More information about booking a test through the COVID-19 Assessment Centre can be found here:
For more information:
Michelene Ough, Director, Communications, Peterborough Regional Health Centre, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah Gill, Communications, Peterborough Public Health email@example.com