Peterborough Paramedics to continue supporting testing service at hospital site
Peterborough, ON – Beginning Monday, August 23, COVID-19 testing and medical assessment services in Peterborough will be consolidated at PRHC’s COVID-19 Assessment Centre at 1 Hospital Drive. The last day testing services will be offered at Northcrest Arena will be Thursday, August 19. The process to book an appointment will not change when these two services are co-located:
- If you meet one or more of the following criteria, use the online booking tool to schedule an appointment to be tested. As of Monday, August 23, you will come to PRHC’s COVID-19 Assessment Centre for your test. Testing will continue to be available Monday to Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
You may be screened when you arrive for testing; if you do not meet the screening criteria below, you will not be tested for COVID-19.
- You are showing mild symptoms of COVID-19
- Peterborough Public Health has informed you that you have been exposed to a confirmed case of COVID-19. If you have been advised to be tested due to an exposure, please follow all public health direction to self-isolate and self-monitor.
- You have received a notification through the COVID-19 Alert App
- You are part of an outbreak investigation as informed by Peterborough Public Health
- You are required to be tested routinely, such as staff at long-term care and retirement homes
- You are planning an indoor visit with a loved one at a long-term care home
- You have been advised by a medical professional that testing is required prior to a procedure
- You are required to be tested before admission to a congregate setting or other facility
- If you have moderate symptoms and need a medical assessment, call PRHC’S COVID-19 Assessment Centre at 705-876-5086. You will be booked for medical assessment and testing. This service will continue to be available seven days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Anyone with severe symptoms should continue to call 911 or visit PRHC’s Emergency Department.
When coming to the COVID-19 Assessment Centre for testing or medical assessment, please:
- Arrive five (5) minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- Bring your Health Card and Driver’s Licence (if you have one).
You can continue to access your test results using your Ontario Health Card number on the provincial online portal at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/ or by calling your healthcare provider.
Shoppers Drug Mart at 741 Lansdowne St. West offers COVID-19 testing for people with no symptoms, including testing for outbound international travel. For more information, please visit their website.
Are you fully vaccinated for COVID-19? If you are an eligible Ontarian aged 12+ and you still need to be vaccinated, please book an appointment today. For more information and updates related to COVID-19 in the Peterborough region, please visit https://www.peterboroughpublichealth.ca/.
Additional information related to testing options and requirements for students returning to school in the fall will be provided at a later date.
For more information:
- Michelene Ough, Director, Communications, Peterborough Regional Health Centre, email@example.com
- Craig Jones, Commander, Emergency Management & Operational Support, Peterborough County/City Paramedics, CJones@ptbocounty.ca
- Brittany Cadence, Communications Manager, Peterborough Public Health, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brendan Wedley, Manager of Communication Services, City of Peterborough, email@example.com