Aligned with provincial guidelines for COVID-19 testing, appointments will be required for the testing centre at Eastgate Memorial Park (2150 Ashburnham Drive) beginning Friday, October 9. The link to the booking tool is now available through the PRHC website at www.prhc.on.ca and the Peterborough Public Health website at www.peterboroughpublichealth.ca.
You can only book an appointment online for the Eastgate testing site if you answer yes to one of the following:
- You are showing mild symptoms of COVID-19
- Peterborough Public Health has informed you that you have been exposed to a confirmed case of COVID-19
- You have received a notification through the COVID-19 Alert App
- You are part of an outbreak investigation as informed by Peterborough Public Health
- You are required to be tested routinely, such as staff at long-term care and retirement homes
- You are planning an indoor visit with a loved one at a long-term care home
- You are a traveler without symptoms and require a test to confirm you do not have COVID-19 before travelling internationally
- You have been advised by a medical professional that testing is required prior to a procedure.
When booking your appointment:
- Please indicate which of the screening criteria you meet in the “reason for appointment” text box ▪ When you have completed the appointment scheduling form and clicked on “Book Now” you will receive an email confirmation that your appointment has been booked successfully.
- A separate appointment must be booked for each person being tested; if there are multiple people in one car, each person requires their own email confirmation
- Bookings will be opened two days in advance, and a limited number of appointments will be available for each day. If there are no appointments displayed in the calendar, all available slots are booked. Please check back the next day.
On the day of your appointment:
- Please arrive five (5) minutes before your scheduled appointment time
- Please bring your Health Card and Driver’s Licence (if you have one)
- Present your confirmation email (printed or electronically) when you arrive. You will not be permitted access to the Eastgate testing site without your email confirmation
- You may only attend the Eastgate testing site at the time of your scheduled appointment
- You may be screened when you arrive at the testing site; if you do not meet one or more of the screening criteria listed above, you will not be tested for COVID-19
COVID-19 testing appointments for the Eastgate site are only available through the online booking system. Appointments cannot be booked by contacting Peterborough Public Health, Peterborough Paramedics, the City of Peterborough or Peterborough Regional Health Centre (PRHC).
If you do not have access to the technology to book online, please seek assistance from a friend or family member.
Please also note:
- The COVID-19 Assessment Centre at PRHC will continue to operate as usual. If you have COVID-19 symptoms and need to be assessed by a physician, contact the Assessment Centre directly at 705-876-5086 to determine whether an appointment is required. Appointments for the Eastgate site cannot be booked through the Assessment Centre. This phone line is staffed from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. seven (7) days a week, and is currently experiencing very high call volumes.
- People with severe symptoms of COVID-19 should call 911 or visit the Emergency Department.
- The Eastgate testing site will be open (by appointment only) on Thanksgiving Monday
- The PRHC COVID-19 Assessment Centre will be closed on Thanksgiving Monday.
The Eastgate testing site is led by Peterborough Paramedics with support from PRHC, the City of Peterborough and Peterborough Public Health. You can access your testing results using your Ontario Health Card number on the provincial online portal at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/ or by calling your healthcare provider. For more information about COVID-19, please visit https://www.peterboroughpublichealth.ca/ or PRHC’s designated COVID-19 website at https://www.prhc.on.ca/about-us/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/.
Visit Ontario’s website to learn more about current provincial measures.
For more information:
Michelene Ough, Director, Communications, Peterborough Regional Health Centre, firstname.lastname@example.org
Craig Jones, Superintendent Community Projects & Emergency Management, Peterborough County/City Paramedics, CJones@ptbocounty.ca
Brittany Cadence, Communications Manager, Peterborough Public Health, email@example.com
Brendan Wedley, Manager of Communication Services, City of Peterborough, firstname.lastname@example.org