Work now underway to focus community efforts where most needed
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, Peterborough Regional Health Centre (PRHC) and the PRHC Foundation have been overwhelmed by messages of thanks and support from our community. We want to thank the many individuals and organizations who have come forward to offer their help in various ways.
To ensure community efforts are focused where they are most needed at this critical time, PRHC is asking our community to follow the guidelines below when considering how they can contribute:
1. At this time, PRHC is accepting donations of the following much-needed personal protective equipment (PPE) items and supplies:
- N95 masks
- Procedure masks
- Procedure masks with visors
- Hand sanitizer (any free-standing, 70% alcohol foam sanitizer)
- Full face shields with foam
2. At this time, due to the nature of COVID-19, the hospital is unable to accept donations of:
- Handmade masks
- Food/drink for hospital staff (until further notice)
3. Anyone who wants to contribute to the hospital’s efforts during the COVID-19 pandemic is encouraged to make a donation to the PRHC Foundation in support of critical investments in lifesaving equipment and technology, and supports for patients and frontline healthcare workers. Donors can also send a special thank you message to PRHC’s doctors, nurses and staff. Visit www.prhcfoundation.ca or call 705-876-5000.
For more information: