Peterborough among 31 communities selected to submit full application from more than 150 self-assessments submitted earlier this year
Health and community care partners participating in the Peterborough Ontario Health Team (OHT) application process are pleased to announce that we have now submitted a full application to form an OHT for this region. Peterborough was among 31 communities selected to submit a full OHT application, from more than 150 self-assessments submitted to the Ministry of Health earlier this year.
This team of 22 providers and organizations have chosen to partner because together we have the capacity, knowledge, and leadership to improve population health outcomes in Peterborough and the surrounding region. While these partners represent the current membership of the Peterborough OHT, a process will be developed to bring on additional partners as our OHT continues to develop and mature.
The current list of Peterborough OHT partners includes:
- Canadian Mental Health Association, Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge (CMHA HKPR)
- Care Partners
- CBI Home Health
- Closing the Gap Healthcare
- Community Care Peterborough
- Curve Lake First Nation
- Four Counties Addiction Services Team (FourCAST)
- Hospice Peterborough
- Kawartha Therapy Services
- Kawartha Participation Projects (KPP)
- Nightingale Nursing Reg. Ltd.
- Patient & Family Advisory Committee representatives
- Peterborough 360 Degree Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic
- Peterborough Family Health Team (PFHT)
- Peterborough Housing Corporation (PHC)
- Peterborough Paramedics (EMS)
- Peterborough Primary Care Focus Group
- Peterborough Regional Health Centre (PRHC)
- Riverview Manor (LTC)
- Rubidge Retirement Residence
- SE Health
- Victorian Order of Nurses (VON) Canada – Ontario Branch (Peterborough Site)
These providers have been collaborating for many years, both formally and informally, to provide care for patients in the Peterborough community and region. As an OHT, we are committed to building on these partnerships to ensure the patients we serve are able to navigate through the healthcare system in a seamless and coordinated way.
The Peterborough OHT partners have continued to meet and consult over the past several months as planning has progressed. The full application to become an OHT was submitted to the Ministry of Health on October 9.
The Ministry of Health website states that “Ontario Health Teams are being introduced to provide a new way of organizing and delivering care that is more connected to patients in their local communities. Under Ontario Health Teams, health care providers (including hospitals, doctors and home and community care providers) will work as one coordinated team – no matter where they provide care.”
For more information:
Peterborough Regional Health Centre