Peterborough Regional Health Centre has been working in collaboration with Peterborough Public Health to support the COVID-19 vaccination effort in our community. After Wednesday, July 28, PRHC’s COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic will operate on the following dates and times:
- Thursday, August 5 (8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.)
- Tuesday, August 10 (8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.)
- Thursday, August 12 (8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.)
- Tuesday, August 17 (8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.)
- Thursday, August 19 (8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.)
On these dates, PRHC’s clinic will continue to offer:
- Pre-booked appointments for eligible community members to receive their first or second dose of vaccine. These appointments should be scheduled through the provincial booking tool at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/book-vaccine/.
- Drop-in appointments for all eligible community members aged 12+ to receive their first or second dose of vaccine.
- Physician assessments for individuals who require a medical consultation prior to receiving the vaccine, and/or medical oversight during and after administration of the vaccine. These individuals are asked to contact the clinic directly by phone at 705-876-5828 or by email at CovidVaccine@prhc.on.ca to book an appointment. To determine whether you require a medical assessment/supervision when receiving the vaccine, please refer to the checklist below.
For more information about other vaccine clinics in the community, please visit Peterborough Public Health’s website.
HOW DO I BOOK A VACCINE APPOINTMENT THROUGH THE PROVINCIAL TOOL?
1. Online at Ontario.ca/bookvaccine
- To book online you must have an email address and an Ontario Health Card with a photo
- Online booking is available 24/7
2. Book over the phone by calling 1-833-943-3900
- You must book over the phone if you have a red and white Ontario Health Card
- This phone line is staffed from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. seven (7) days a week
DO I NEED A MEDICAL CONSULTATION BEFORE BEING VACCINATED?
Some people may need to consult their healthcare provider before booking a vaccine appointment. If you fall into any of the categories below, you will be required to have a medical consultation before receiving the vaccine.
You have a suspected hypersensitivity or have had an immediate allergic reaction to a previous dose of COVID-19 vaccine or polyethylene glycol (PEG) or Polysorbate
You have had a severe (e.g. anaphylaxis) or immediate allergic reaction to any other vaccine or injectable therapy (e.g. intramuscular, intravenous, or subcutaneous vaccines or therapies not related to a component of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines or polysorbates)
You have had a severe allergic reaction (e.g. anaphylaxis) not related to vaccines or injectable medications – such as allergies to food, pet, venom, latex, environment, etc.
You are or could be pregnant or breastfeeding
You have problems with your immune system or you are taking medications that can affect your immune system (e.g. high-dose steroids, chemotherapy)
You have an autoimmune disease
You have a bleeding disorder or you are taking medications that could affect blood clotting (e.g. blood thinners)
If you need a medical consultation, book an appointment with your healthcare provider before booking your vaccine appointment. Alternately, call the PRHC COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic directly at 705-876-5828 to book a consultation with a physician at the clinic. The vaccine will be administered directly following your consultation if deemed to be medically appropriate.
I HAVE MADE AN APPOINTMENT AT PRHC’S COVID-19 VACCINE CLINIC. WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
Complete a COVID-19 self-assessment prior to coming to PRHC. If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, please cancel your vaccination appointment and book a COVID-19 test.
Please arrive at the time of your scheduled appointment and park in the visitor lot. Parking will be validated inside the hospital.
Arrive alone, unless you require a support person.
Use the Main Entrance of the hospital to access the clinic.
Bring the following documents with you:
- Health Card or other photo identification
- A copy of your appointment confirmation email (print or digital)
Have the appointment email open or printed to show screeners to gain entry to the hospital.
Follow all instructions provided by hospital screeners.
Wear a mask at all times when inside the Health Centre.