Click here to view a MAP of our parking lots and access.Visitors must park in the designated parking areas. There is ample wheelchair accessible parking in lots. Weekly and monthly passes can be purchased at the parking kiosks.
Parking lots for patients & visitorsIt is our goal for PRHC's patients and visitors to have access to close, convenient and safe parking. The hospital has almost 400 parking spaces available to patients and visitors.
Patients and visitors are directed to park in one of two main lots – the current lot, and/or an adjacent lot to the west. All patients and visitors can access the parking lots via Hospital Drive. There is a small visitor lot accessible via Alexander Avenue for those visiting Palliative Care or Mental Health Services.
Handicapped spacesAmple handicapped spaces are concentrated in the lot closest to the hospital. There are metered handicapped spaces at the Emergency, North and South entrances.
Metered parking for patients & visitorsThere are conveniently located metered parking available for shorter-term parking with a maximum three-hour time limit.
15-minute spacesPRHC has 13 free drop-off and pick-up spaces with a strict 15-minute time limit located near the main entrance.
SafetyIn the interest of increased safety and security, a surveillance booth has been added as part of the patient and visitor parking lot. The booth is staffed by security personnel 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There are emergency stations located in the general staff lot. Video surveillance will be in effect.
Patients and Visitors New Pay-On-Foot System (mid-December 2009 onwards)An automated pay for parking system will launch as the new patient and visitor parking lot opens. The Pay-On-Foot system will be a familiar one to members of the public, and will see visitors to the hospital take a ticket upon entry to the parking lot, and pay by cash or credit card at one of three pay station locations including inside the Main entrance, South entrance and Emergency Departments.
RatesRevenue from parking goes to support patient care. Government funds 85% of operating expenses to run our hospital and provide patient care. It has an explicit expectation that hospitals raise funds from such things as parking, preferred or private room rates and cafeteria revenue to fund the remaining 15%. PRHC monitors the rates at other non-GTA, similar-sized, community hospitals to ensure that our rate is in line with what other facilities in our LHIN are charging.
Rates are as follows:
Patients & VisitorsRegular rates: First half-hour $4; subsequent half-hours $2. Maximum of $10 per calendar day, no in-and-out privilegesDaily Pass: $12 for 24 hours, with unlimited in-and-out privilegesMeters: $2.00 per 20 minutesWeekly Pass: $36, with unlimited in-and-out privileges for 7 daysMonthly Pass: $80 with unlimited in-and-out privileges for 30 daysCancer Care & Dialysis Pass: $50 per month
Click here for Directions & Maps
Board of Directors
PRHC Senior Team
Strategic Plan 2011-2014
Strategic Planning 2014-2017
Patient Care Services
Your Hospital Stay
Shops & Services
Preparing to Leave
Pay Your Bill Now
Patient PrivacyPatient Relations
Share Your Story
Directions and Maps
Shops and Services
Send Best Wishes
No Scents Makes Sense
Regional Cancer Care
Regional Cardiac Care
District Stroke Program
Regional Renal Care
Our Latest News
Volunteering at PRHC
Working at PRHC
Internal Job Opportunities